Monday, November 30, 2015

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin


I'm pretty sure he was a fraud. I'm more sure that people who don't have a complete grasp of what he said and what he thought shouldn't be promoting him. https://yimcatholic.wordpress.com/2015/05/14/will-the-vatican-let-teilhard-de-chardin-help-save-the-church/

As I say, I'm pretty sure he was a fraud: http://bactra.org/Medawar/phenomenon-of-man.html

Certainly there's a lot to be explained if he wasn't:
    • "According to my own principles, I cannot fight against Christianity; I can only work inside it by trying to transform and convert it. A revolutionary attitude would be much easier, and much more pleasant, but it would be suicidal. So I must go step by step, tenaciously." (Letter, Mar. 21, 1941)
    • "The more the years pass, the more I begin to think that my function is probably simply that... of John the Baptist, that is, of one who presages what is to come. Or perhaps what I am called on to do is simply to help in the birth of a new soul in that which already is." (ibid)
    • "Sometimes I am a bit afraid, when I think of the transposition to which I must submit my mind concerning the common notions of creation, inspiration, miracle, original sin, resurrection, etc., in order to be able to accept them." (Letter of Dec. 17, 1922)


No comments:

Post a Comment